U4C seeks to provide helpful articles and resources for those serving in urban settings to support you as your build cross-cultural ministries. On this page you'll find articles recommended by our staff and faculty along with resources you can use and share with your leadership. For your convenience any/all articles below have been created as downloadable PDFs. (no articles listed at this time)
- Kenneth Bailey "Poet & Peasant", "Through Peasant Eyes" (bound together)
- David Bosch "Transforming Mission"
- Julia Dinsmore "My Name is CHILD OF GOD… Not 'Those People'"
- John Fuder, ed. "A Heart for the City"
- Mark R. Gornick "To Live in Peace: Biblical Faith and the Changing Inner City"
- Patty Lane "A Beginner’s Guide to Crossing Cultures"
- Sherwood Lingenfelter "Agents of Transformation: A Guide for Effective Cross-Cultural Ministry and Transforming Culture"
- David A. Livermore "Intercultural Intelligence: Improving Your CQ to Engage Our Multicultural World"
- David Livermore "Serving with Eyes Wide Open"
- Lowell Noble "From Oppression to Jubilee Justice"
- John Perkins "A Quiet Revolution: Meeting Human Needs Today – A Biblical Challenge to Christians"
- Ruby Payne "A Framework For Understanding Poverty"
- Ralph Winter, ed. "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement"
- Bilal’s Stand
- God Grew Tired of US (Documentary on “Lost Boys”)
- The Corporation (Documentary)
- The Shadows of Virtue (for a sneak peek click here)
- Tim Wise: On White Privilege—Racism, White Denial & the Costs of Inequity